- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Natural Lower Back Pain Treatment in Paris
Lower back pain can easily take center stage in your life, robbing you of your ability to do or enjoy the simplest of activities -- all the everyday tasks we take for granted in our everyday lives, from working and playing sports to even tying a shoelace. This affliction of the most massive portion of the spinal column, the one that bears all your upper-body weight, can cause not just agony but also worries about having to undergo invasive surgery or take powerful painkillers. Here at Hancock Chiropractic Center, we can eliminate those concerns by providing natural lower back pain treatment in Paris IL.
Why Lower Back Pain Strikes
The lower back includes the lumbar and sacral spine, discs and nerve roots, mobilized and supported by large muscle groups and connective tissues. This impressive piece of architecture is as flexible as it is strong, but it's also prone to painful problems caused by:
- Acute injuries - A high-impact sports injury, auto accident injury or other personal injuries can force the lower spinal vertebrae out of position, causing painful joint subluxation, muscle damage and pinched nerves from a herniated disc.
- Degenerative disorders - A flattened, bulging disc can stress the delicate joints that articulate your lumbar vertebrae, leading to pain or even full-scale arthritis. That same bulging disc can also become a herniated disc that presses painfully against nerve roots. Other degenerative conditions can also cause nerve impingement.
- Longstanding postural and alignment problems - Non-ergonomic working conditions, an undiagnosed misalignment, or poor postural habits can all place unnatural strain on your lower back.
- Excess weight/pregnancy - The heavier you are, the more of a burden your lower back must withstand, from strained muscles to ever-increasing alignment issues. Pregnancy combines weight gain with a loosening of the pelvic ligaments to produce low back pain.
Spinal Adjustment and Other Solutions From Our Paris IL Chiropractor
Our Paris IL chiropractor, Dr. Hancock, can relieve your low back pain without resorting to painkillers or surgery. Chiropractic adjustments can restore normal joint position and function, while flexion-distraction and spinal decompression techniques normalize your disc issues. Cold laser therapy and corrective exercises can help you get aching soft tissues back into shape, while ongoing preventative screenings and other wellness care can help you keep your lower back from acting up in the future.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Paris IL Today
If you're tired of a low quality of life due to low back pain, it's time to visit Hancock Chiropractic Center for safe, effective, natural relief. Call our Chiropractor in Paris IL at 217-466-1150 for an appointment!